Kitty Cornered Table Runner
Tuesday January 7, 14, and 21, 2020
9 AM – 12 PM
Wednesday January 8, 15, and Thursday January 23, 2020
6 PM – 9PM
Reserve your seat no later than January 1, 2020
Instructor: Karen Hazzard
Address where class is held: Ma’s Studio, located at 106 N. Schrader St. Havana, IL
Call the shop @ 309-543-6613 or e-mail Ma: email@example.com
Minimum of 3 per class
An ideal table runner to make using your scraps or a couple of charm packs. Yardage
will be needed if you want all your lights to be of the same fabric and for your border,
binding, and backing. A speciality ruler, the Creative Grids Cat’s Cradle Tool is used.
There will be homework to complete between classes.
You will need to bring the following to class:
1. A sewing machine that is in good working order and sews a straight seam. Yes, clean
and oil that machine before class and insert a new needle. Clean machines work
better and they work better with new needles. Don’t forget the cords you need with
2. Your machine manual.
3. A quarter inch presser foot and a walking foot or even feed foot for your machine.
4. 80/12 sewing machine needles, sharps are preferred for piecing.
5. Basic sewing supplies including a seam ripper, fine pins (we prefer Glass Heads), a
rotary cutter with a sharp blade, 6 1⁄2” X 24 1⁄2” ruler, scissors, thread snips, marking
pencil or pen, and anything else you generally use when sewing
6. A good quality sewing thread that blends well with your fabrics. This pattern will be
easier if your thread shows up a little on your fabrics.
7. A 6 1⁄2 x 24 1⁄2 inch ruler or an 8 1⁄2 x 24 1⁄2 inch ruler, a rotary cutter with a sharp
The following is required for the class: Cat’s Cradle Tool, Kitty Cornered pattern and
fabric. You may use fabric from your stash, charm packs or visit Ma’s soon and pick out
fabrics that will suit your décor needs.
Please press all of your fabrics using Mary Ellen’s before you attend the class. We like to
have our fabric fairly stiff. You get more accurate cuts and more accurate seams.
Pressing stations and cutting surfaces will be provide at class, but you may bring your
own if you prefer.